Updated 24 May 2018
Chartwell cares about your privacy and is committed to only collect and maintain personal data to help provide first class services to its customers. This privacy statement explains who we are, how to contact us, what information we collect and why we collect it, and how we use that information and which third parties that information is shared with.
Who We Are
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this statement we are referring to Chartwell Learning and Development Limited with a registered office at:
The Old Basketworks
24-25 Vine Street
To make a request under the Data Protection Act or the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you may write to The Data Protection Officer at the above address, or you may email:
What information do we collect about you?
Depending on your relationship with us, we may collect:
- Email Address
- Work Contact Details
- Job Title
- Credit Card Details
- Information about specific dietary or access requirements that you provide.
If you are registered onto our Influence Hub as part of attendance at one of our programmes, then we may collect:
- Email Address
- Information about your use of influence
How we use your information
- We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the services that we are providing to you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Cookies and similar technologies on our websites allow us to track your browsing behaviour, links clicked, items purchased, your device type, and to collect various data, including analytics, about how you use and interact with our Services. This allows us to provide you with more relevant product offerings, a better experience on our sites and mobile applications, and to collect, analyse and improve the performance of our Services. We may also collect your location (IP address) so that we can personalise our Services.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements or for the duration of our contract with you or your employer.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. Once we consider you are no longer a client, participant or delegate we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We retain participant and delegate names attending programmes and events for a period of 10 years in case of a request to verify attendance after which your personal information will be deleted.
We may occasionally need to share your data with 3rd parties for the purpose of fulfilling the services that we provide to you or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
All 3rd parties are required to provide evidence that they will protect your data in a secure environment.
3rd Parties based outside of the EU are required to provide data protection and security in line with this Privacy Statement and EU regulations.
Depending on your relationship with us, we may share your data with:
- SagePay (for processing credit card transactions)
- The Influence Hub (for supporting your development programme)
- Administrate and AccessPlanit (for arranging the logistics of your development programme)
- MailChimp (for sending you information relative to you development programme or for marketing purposes, where you have given your consent for us to do so.)
We never allow 3rd parties to use your data for their own purposes.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party. If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please email email@example.com
- Right to withdraw consent. Where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent and have assessed you do have a right to withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so.
Updates to the Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.